Friday, November 18, 2011

Belimbing buluh - also known as bilimbi

Have you try this sour fruit before? It's a local fruit, well-known among the Malays as they called it "belimbing buluh".


We have a belimbing buluh tree in our garden that grows healthily. Look at the clusters of fruits! haha..



We can't really eat that much, can we? It's so sour that those who have gastric may not be able to take it. I gave some to my colleagues. They love it! :D The Malays like to cook it with fish or curry. But I like the way my mom make it with prawn or meat and a bit of sweetness. Emmm...yummy! Every time my mom cooks this dish, it finish off too fast! :p

It contains a lot of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) which contributes to the sourness and it has phosphorus and calcium too. Very nutritious, right? So, would you like to try some? ;) Highly recommended for those who like sour food. ^v^

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...