Thursday, July 5, 2012

Durian Musang King (in chinese - 猫山王)

I usually don't eat durians.. I don't really like the after taste and its smell. I don't fancy the texture of most durians. But today, I tried the most famous, most talked about and most expensive durian of the lot. And I love it! 

It has a nice flavour and although strong smell, I find that I don't hate it. :D Weird.. haha!
I did a search on google and found that it's sold at about RM20-35/kg. Compared to the normal durians, D24, which is selling at RM8/kg, it is extremely expensive. The price I got was from a 2011 post. I guess it is now more expensive? Demand for it is high as some said its quality is consistent. With a bright yellow flesh, small seed.. and creamy texture, it's hailed the king of durians. Compared to the durian on the right, it looks much more attractive to eat, right? The flesh is creamy but not too wet. It just melts in your mouth!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...